A Lightweight Method to Generate Unanswerable Questions in English (to appear)
V. Gautam, M. Zhang, and D. Klakow.
Findings of EMNLP, 2023.
Factoring the Matrix of Domination: A Critical Review and Reimagination of Intersectionality in AI Fairness
A. Ovalle, A. Subramonian, V. Gautam, G. Gee, and K-W Chang.
Avengers, Ensemble! Benefits of ensembling in grapheme-to-phoneme prediction
V. Gautam, W. Y. Li, Z. Mahmood, F. Mailhot, S. Nadig, R. Wang, and N. Zhang.
The Gender Gap Tracker: Using Natural Language Processing to measure gender bias in media
F. T. Asr, M. Mazraeh, A. Lopes, V. Gautam, J. Gonzales, P. Rao, and M. Taboada.
PLoS ONE, 2021.
- PhD Candidate and Researcher at Saarland University's Spoken Language Systems group (language modelling; domain adaptation; question answering; Python)
- Speech Recognition Engineer at Dialpad (class-based language modelling; on-the-fly domain adaptation; Python, some C++)
- Research Assistant at the SFU Discourse Processing Lab (topic modelling, toxicity and constructiveness in online comments; corpus linguistics; evaluating gender bias through NLP; Python, some R)
- Software Engineering Intern at GE Digital (full-stack with a focus on backend engineering; XLST, some Java)
- Research Assistant at the SFU Phonological Processing Lab (experimental phonology using eye-tracking; SR Research Experiment Builder, MATLAB)